Saturday, September 20, 2008

A LOT of things Happening

We have been so busy lately, with family events and work. My mom's birthday was the 16th (happy birthday mom :) ). Her and I went shopping and then we went to my Grandma's house for cake and pizza. I think she had a fun day.

My brother, Matthew, was given quite an honor by becoming an Eagle Scout. Only 4 out of 100 scouts make it to Eagle...so it was quite an accomplishment! There was a ceremony for him and everything. My dad had the chance to be his scout master while he was a scout and so my dad was able to give a speech and it was very emotional. I was given the chance to give the closing prayer of his ceremony and it meant a lot for me to be able to be a part of this event in his life. I am so proud of you Matt! Congratulations!

Then last night I threw a fondue and game night for a few friends. We had a lot of fun...even though my cheese fondue didn't turn out quite right. haha. The chocolate fondue was delicious, though, and then we played Catch Phrase. It was girls against guys and us girls won of course! haha. Then some people left and Jessica, Trent, Garrett, and I decided to rent a movie, so we watched "Made of Honor." It was a really cute movie. It was a really fun night. I have so much to do today to clean up from it, though. The price of having fun I suppose. haha.

I think that things are finally going to settle down a bit and I am really looking forward to that. :)

2 comments:

Dionna said...

That is neat that you got to pray at Matt's ceremony. I'm sure that was special for both of you.

Shannon said...

I did have a wonderful birthday, thank you honey. We'll have to shop together more often. Yeah, Matt's Eagle ceremony was wonderful. You did a great job praying. I'm sure your cheese fondue will be better next time. Love ya - Mom