Friday, January 13, 2012

Ah, Finally...

I am so pleased to report some good news! It has been a very rough few months for me and my family and we have gone through trial after trial. I finally feel like some peace is headed our way! I just want to thank God for answered prayers and for always giving me the grace and strength to get through every situation.

Anyways, on to the good news circling my life lately. First of all, the baby is looking healthy and is head down! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she thinks that Avery is still under 7 lbss (thankfully!). I am now 2 1/2 cm dilated, so I progressed by 1/2cm. At least it is something! :) My due date is the 28th, but if I do not go into labor within the next week or so my doctor is going to induce me on the 23rd. It feels good to have a date set just in case and see the end in sight. I am really ready for her to be here!

I can now confidently say that I am ready for her arrival because some of my big "to-dos" are now done. I had most of the work done on my tooth a few days ago to totally finish up my root canal work. Now, in a month or so I will go back in just to have the permanent crown put in place, which should be very quick and easy.
Also, drumroll please....the carpets are fixed and the odor in the house is gone! Yay! I couldn't be happier and more relieved that it was done before Avery's arrival. After 3 weeks of living in those awful conditions we now have new carpet in the living room and dining room. It made a world of difference and I cannot smell the urine odor any longer, Praise The Lord!

So, now I can say that things are settling down and falling into place and I feel ready to meet my baby girl. I know that this "peacefulness" won't last long once she is born. It will be crazy for awhile trying to balance everything, but I know that there will be such joy with it.

I ask for your prayers that God would give me a safe and smooth delivery, that Avery would be born a very healthy baby girl, that Caden would love and accept her, that I wouldn't experience postpartum depression, and that this would be a season of peace in our lives. Thank you for all your love and support. :)
And next time, hopefully, I will be posting pictures of Avery Renee Sanchez.

No comments: