Friday, March 21, 2008

Life as a 20 Year Old

A lot has changed since my 20th birthday (apprx. 5 days ago). I feel different. I am officially no longer any sort of teen! Yay! Life is more sophisticated and mature as a 20 year old...haha. Yeah right. But really, I like being able to say I am 20.
I had a good birthday. Garrett and I went out to lunch, went shopping, and best of all saw Horton Hears a Who in the theatre. It was such a cute and funny movie! I couldn't believe it but we didn't take one picture that day, so sorry to say I don't have any! :(



Garrett and I just started going to a new church here in Portland. I had been sharing at work about how Garrett and I don't really have a home church here yet and we are having a really hard time finding some place to serve. One of my co-workers at Multnomah goes to Montavilla Baptist Church and invited Garrett and me to come and if we wanted help out in his jr.high ministry. We started going to Montavilla March 2 and then started serving in the jr.high that next Wednesday, the 5th! It was amazing how God worked it all out. We are loving it! Garrett is leading the worship in the jr.high...playing guitar and singing!



Life is going good so far as a 20 year old, and I thank God for it. :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy cow 20?! I am 10 years your senior?! I feel OLD :)

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good one!

Dionna said...

Kamica saw that movie with a friend last weekend and liked it too.

Angela said...

Andrea- You are so NOT old!!

Matt said...

ANG!!!!! I WILL SEE YOU IN 2 DAYS!!!!! I wish I could've seen that movie with you.

Shannon said...

I can't believe I have a 20 year old! My gosh. Andrea - I am 14 years your senior . . . who seems old now? haha