Sunday, March 30, 2008

SpRiNg BrEaK 2008!

We had a wonderful 5 days with my mom and brothers over spring break!
Tuesday: They arrived about 4:30 PM. We spent most of this day searching for my mom's one and only car key...that is right it got lost about half an hour after they got here.
Wednesday: We went shopping, and Trenton bought an awesome remote control helicopter... Along with the helicopter was a lot of drama and a really long story, but eventually it all worked out and now it is a really fun toy. My mom and I took some girl only time and went to IKEA. We found some really great deals and now my mom is in love with it as much as I am! We spent the rest of the night watching Ratitoulle. Late that night found mom's key....praise God!
Thursday: We went to the coast, Seaside to be exact. The drive over was quite interesting. There was sunshine, rain, snow, and hail all during the 2 hour drive to Seaside! We made it safely, though, and ate lunch at Norma's Seafood. Then we spent time going through all the little shops and then looking for shells on the beach. The ocean was so crazy looking...it was all brown! Yuck! We found out later that the brown were millions of little plankton...gross!




















































Friday: Lazy day of watching movies, playing Catch Phrase, and some more shopping. We also went to the driving range to hit some golf balls. Everyone did really well!



Saturday: We went to the Saturday Market in downtown Portland. The family liked it and they all found something they liked! Matt spent most of his money on these Louisiana spices...yummy!



They left this morning and I miss them already! But I am grateful for the time we had together. It made for a great Spring Break!

4 comments:

Dionna said...

I'm glad your family could be with you for a few days. I remember going to the Saturday Market with Eliseo on a date! Great atmosphere - would love to go back someday.
It looks like it was cold and miserable though - where is the sunshine?
A brown ocean? That is just crazy!

Alisha Beverly said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Im glad!

Shannon said...

I just wrote in my blog and wrote almost the exact same thing as you did. When you send me pics would you almost send me the flower pictures? I want to get some enlarged for my house. I miss you so much already too! Thanks for letting us stay with you. You guys are great and we love you!!! Mom

Matt said...

Miss you!!!