Tuesday, January 30, 2007

College will be GREAT


I am so excited! Garrett and me are getting everything in order today to apply to Multnomah Bible College in Portland, OR. We had to go back to our high school, Timberline, to have our transcripts sent, give our teacher references to our teacher of choice, and then we got info on financial aid from the career counselor. It felt good to get all of that done, but I didn't like being back at Timberline. I felt so awkward! I am just so glad to be out of there and that I don't have to go back...well, unless I need transcripts, a reference, or financial aid info. haha.
Anyways. we are going to send our applications and personal statements today and then have our ACT scores sent. There is so much to do to apply to this school! We also have to get two friends to give us references and our pastor. The friends that are doing my references are both in Missouri so I have to mail that to them. I am just so excited to be going to college. I know this excitment phase will probably turn into stress when I am actually doing it, but I am stressed most of the time anyways...so it's not that big of change. Haha. I just feel so great knowing that God is leading us and is going to do some awesome things as we go to Bible college! I can't wait to be able to learn about Jesus in a classroom setting! I have never been able to experience that due to the fact that I went to public school all of my life, and believe me if Jesus is mentioned the topic is quickly changed. One of the things that I am looking forward to is being able to pray in class with your fellow students and teacher. They all pray together before every class, and that makes me so happy for some reason...I guess it is all just so new to me. :) I just can't wait to be a college student!

2 comments:

Dionna said...

I've been praying that God will have His hand on everything. :)

Becca Sue Congdon said...

Hey Angela -

I found you through a google search of Multnomah Bible College. I'm a Senior here (and just got hired as an Admissions Counselor coincidently)! I'm stoked to see you around MBC soon, and would love to be as helpful as possible. Let me know if you need anything, and feel free to email me at beccasuet@multnomah.edu. Also - we have this really cool thing now where current students can add their blog to our Multnomah Blogosphere. It'll be great to have a new Blogger online!